Freeview problem, MCE guide.

wolfie3000 06:22 17 May 2009

Did a retune a few days back as a few channels are moving to different numbers and retuned fine.

Problem is the Media centre guide for freeview lists Fiver but doesn't switch to fiver when typing in the number on the remote or clicking on the guide.

I suspect its the guide that im downloading that hasent updated to the channels switching, i hope they will sort it soon or is it a problem my end?

Its kind of annoying, so do i wait until the guide that i download updates the channel changes or do i have to fix this myself, if so how?

wolfie3000 06:23 17 May 2009

I should point out that the freeview is on my PC, i use media centre for freeview and use the MCE remote for changing channels.

Iv updated the guide several times since the retune but get the same results.

jack 10:23 17 May 2009

That Fiver and Five USA had swapped places in the list [A channel swap then?]

Stuartli 13:37 17 May 2009

Fiver and Five USA have changed channel numbers to 30 and 31 from 35 (Five USA) and 36 (Fiver) in the Winter Hill area.

I suspect that there is quite a bit of shuffling around still to come with Freeview channels in the not too distant future.

wolfie3000 21:01 18 May 2009

I found out how to manually assign channel numbers to the Windows Media centre,

So its all sorted now, but takes ages to go through all the channels.

Lets hope Microsoft or whoever gives the download for the tv guide for Media centre sorts this problem out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?