Freeview

musicmysavior 00:00 13 Apr 2009

I apologize if this has been asked before and I'm sure it has but I have a 32 inch Orion LCD HD ready TV with built in freeview.

I was just wondering how you activate it? How you get the freeview button to work. I have a button called TV/DVB-T and when I click it switches over to a blue screen saying 'Database Empty' Do I need to plug an ariel for the database to perhaps update itself and for channels to appear?

Any ideas as to how I get this working please? I'm hopeful it'll save me having to buy a freeview box and I've always wondered how this works.

Thanks in advance.

Stuartli 00:40 13 Apr 2009

Freeview works off a standard television aerial and you will have to, initially, go into the menu to perform a scan and store the various TV, radio and text channels.

You should have a manual which will explain the setup.

oresome 15:12 13 Apr 2009

As Stuartli advises, you really need to read the manual.

I have an integrated freeview set that requires the aerial to be plugged into a different socket on the TV. Having done this for the first time, DVB-T is selected and a search has to be performed to locate and then store the station names and channel numbers. Once done, these should be remembered.

With many TV's, there is no need to swap the aerial plug to a different input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?