Freecom DVB-T Stick audio formats

dave2010 14:06 03 Jan 2006

I have recently acquired one of these Freecom DVB-T Stick devices. When it's working its great!

I particularly want to know how to extract the audio, as it seems that the .mpg files created with this device are not very compatible with other software. I assumed that they would be .mp2 files, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I could obviously use a tools such as Total Recorder or Audacity to play the soundtracks (or radio channels) and do the recording that way, but I'd much prefer to simply load the audio into a standard audio player, such as Winamp. That might require a codec I don't know about, or a conversion program which hopefully will work faster than real time.

Has anyone else figured out the audio for this device yet? Advice on codecs and/or conversion programs will be gratefully received.

Dave

smurfling 19:53 04 Jan 2006

I have this little gadget and record some radio progs to disc to play in the car, I use ulead4 which converts and records automatically but you will have to buy it, I also use this little freebie and find it is very good click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?