Freecom DVB-T and locking desktop

PaulB2005 17:31 25 Jan 2006

Freecom USB 2 DVB-T

Started a recording, locked the desktop (WinKey + L) and then walked away. Halfway through the recording i came back to check for an e-mail I'm expecting and I've noticed that the software has stopped recording. The film is still going and it shows RECORD on the control panel but the file hasn't changed since the time i unlocked the desktop and isn't getting any bigger. I stopped the recording and checked the file and it cuts out at the point i came back in.

This happened before when i was recording two programs that finished and started at the same time on different channels, i logged back in 2 minutes before the end of the first program so i could stop the recording and start it on the new channel manually - the timer wouldn't have been useful under these circumstances as the programs start and end so close. The first program also cut off at the point i logged back in but i assumed i had clicked on something in error.

Is ti just me?

De Marcus™ 23:28 25 Jan 2006

To be quite frank PaulB2005/6 :0) I've had quite enough of mine and I've only had it for two days, it's had that many problems I've had to recover my system twice now and the reading in Freecom's forum isn't exactly praiseworthy. I get full signal and RF quality but the prevailing 'capture device failed' box is driving me nuts, back it goes.

PaulB2005 07:32 26 Jan 2006

I also get Full Signal and RF Quality but have to restart the software several times until it stops showing Low Signal. However this happened suddenly and for a few weeks it was fine.

However i must also admit that we live in a very poor TV reception area. However when it works it's great!

Didn't know they had a forum so i might have a look for it.

PaulB2005 09:18 26 Jan 2006

Sorted by moving the aerial again.

De Marcus™ 10:01 26 Jan 2006

Yes I discovered a procedure to get it working perfectly, completely uninstall the stick, reinstall it twice, once properly and once over the top, unplug it, reboot, plug it back in, add new hardware starts, feed it the required driver and voila! One reboot later and I'm back to square one, fantastic picture when it works but there's something not quite right with mine.

The forum can be found click here you'll have to register and as far as I can see freecom host the forum but don't participate in it.

PaulB2005 11:50 26 Jan 2006

Spoke too soon. Rebooted and now Low Signal.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?