Film4 on Freeview

Legolas 20:21 25 Jul 2006

Has anybody managed to get Film4 on their freeview digi box. It is supposed to be free from July 24th but I have rescanned a number of times and cannot find it, it is supposed to be on
Freeview digital on Channel 31 and I also have cable and it is supposed to be on that but I cannot find it on that either whats going on?

mikef. 20:36 25 Jul 2006

It's there on my freeview on Ch31, but I did have an update to my channels last week.

realist 20:42 25 Jul 2006

FAQ's here:
click here

Legolas 20:52 25 Jul 2006

I have read that but the channels are just not there

esbe 22:54 25 Jul 2006

Like mikef. mine is on Ch31.

Dont know what sort of box you have, but on my cheapie 'Durabrand' form Asda, there's an option to select & store your 'Favourite channels list/s', so only these favourites are available to watch.

Perhaps CH31 may not be selected on yours.

cheers.

esbe 23:30 25 Jul 2006

Legolas, sorry, misread your posting, may be some help here -
click here

cheers.

oresome 09:56 26 Jul 2006

Whilst I received Film Four on channel 31 on Sunday, it wasn't named correctly, so I did a re-scan.

That's where the trouble started. Film Four came up correctly, but some of the other channels were in the wrong location, BBC3 on channel 2 for instance and News 24 on channel 7.

I've had this trouble before and rescanning a few times sorts it. However I had no luck on Sunday.

Yesterday, all programmes were absent, both analogue and digital. I later found out that Emley Moor were doing engineering work.

I rescanned again last night and all programmes came back on their correct channel.

Legolas 17:47 27 Jul 2006

Still not getting it, someone mentioned I might need a new aerial but after a quick look at the movies that have been advertised so far I dont think I,ll bother.

Stuartli 17:48 27 Jul 2006

You may need to have a wideband TV aerial erected if your current one is fairly old (narrowband type).

Many narrowband aerials will not pick up the channels in the centre of the full range.

Stuartli 17:50 27 Jul 2006

I have no problem getting all of the current 88 TV and radio channels from Winter Hill on a Pioneer set top box - it's the Freeview PCI TV card that's problematic.

It's the same for many other computer TV card owners at the moment for a number of reasons.

BrianW 19:10 27 Jul 2006

We are getting down here in Dorset, ch31 as above. That's on a very old Philips On-digital box so its not a "Technolgy thing"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?