Film scanner with more than 4 spaces?

1936 14:18 22 Jan 2008

Are there any scanners witch will take more than the four 35mm slides that I have at the moment?

cycoze 15:05 22 Jan 2008

Epson V700 and V750 will fit the bill, superb scanners and will both take 35mm strip film 6 frames x 4 or 35mm mounted film 12 frames (slides), both come with Digital Ice.

The V500 is cheaper but takes less, 35 mm Strip film 12 frames, 35 mm Mounted film 4 frames (slides).

I use a V500 for both negs and slides regularly, i would like to get either the 700 or 750 though to reduce time wastage on loading/unloading slides, so you may want to consider that.

Epson Scanners click here .

cycoze 15:06 22 Jan 2008

I re-read and saw that it was slides you were asking about, so ignore the comment about the 500 !

jack 14:18 24 Jan 2008

My oldish Epson 2400 Photo will take 4 2x2 slide mounts and the film strip holder is 22.5 cm which equates to 6 frames
That is about max for a scanner with with a light box down the centre of the A4 platen

An Acer that I had previously had a fully illuminated
A4 box and had masks for 13x18 mm sheet,6 mounted slides or 2 6 frame film strips
There is also an Epson model that has an autofeed facility through the lid for slides.
So perhaps a little more research is required, although models come and go with such frequency it is difficult to keep up with it all

islagillard 17:45 20 Jul 2008

Hi

I started to scan my mothers 3000+ slides with the Nikon 4000ED film scanner which also does APS films and 35mm negatives which was an advantage too, but I found with 35mm slide scanning it just took too long doing one at a time, i then did a quick search online and found a company who take all the pain out of scanning, they are called Mr Scan click here
These guys offer a great quality fast scanning service. I returned my Nikon scanner and got Mr Scan to do all my photos. After my refund from Nikon i actual had all my images and money left over. Note: Don’t attemt to scan yourself, its cheaper to go with a professional scanning company.

Isla, Farnham, Surrey

peter99co 20:21 20 Jul 2008

I am sure someone on the forum used a DIY device on the front of his digital camera lens to copy slides by simply retaking them. A bit lateral but any help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?