eco printer

Victoria 21:48 09 Mar 2009

Can anyone advise on a medium quality multifunction with readonable size recyclable cartridges. I bought a cheap Epsom only to discove rit eats ink the cartridges appeared cheap but only last aminute and a half (well It felt like it) and I couildnt recycle withouit sending them back

jack 10:01 10 Mar 2009

Cartridge suppliers such as
click here stationery.com
or a refill ink supplier with a cartrisge- resetting device such as
click here.
or a continuous inck supply supply system
Google is your friend

Victoria 14:55 10 Mar 2009

thanks thats helpful - would you reckon epson is in general better than Canon or HP for the same price?

jack 16:00 10 Mar 2009

Each brand has good points and not so good points.
With HP/Lexmark -the print head is built into the cartridge- that's why they are so expensive.
However Epson the head is built into the machine, and if it is not used for a while the ink can dry in the head and cause a problem- that is what if used infrequently the machine goes into 'Clean Mode' and uses lots of ink in the process
Remedy - print a something like a picture at least once a week to keep it sweet.

Victoria 22:54 10 Mar 2009

Can you tell me which cartridges work out cheapest - I was realy caught out withthe Epson DX8400 - the cartridges were cheaper but tiny so worked out more expensive in the long run. thanks for all your help

RickySmith 07:59 08 Oct 2009

Its basically depend on your use.which type of color you use for print and how much you used it.

Victoria 15:54 08 Oct 2009

its an inkjet and Iuse 64bit colour. I suspect I am a fairly typical hoiusehold user althoiughI do print colour newsletters every now and again.

jack 11:47 09 Oct 2009

click here for you carts.

I do not think that the image type is relevant to ink consumption but the image area size per page [thus more ink per pic][plainly does.
If you are into newsletters then it seems to me a CISS system is the way to go.
Type 'CISS systsem for Epson' into Google- will bring up a page- this is an example from that page

click here

Victoria 13:12 09 Oct 2009

thanks jack thats well worth looking into - I suspect its a Christmas present job!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?