eardphones/mp3 player

joe95 12:12 09 Jan 2006

I received an mp3 player for Christmas an Aigo 205/1GB.
I have problems using any in ear earphones contacted Co. with regard to using the cup type or overear they say shouldn't be a problem, however when trying several makes at my local sound/stereo shop no joy. The owner said that there was probably an indenture in the player. I think that was the word he used.Can anyone suggest anything?
Thanks
Joe

ade.h 22:34 09 Jan 2006

Sounds like something to do with teeth...

Seriously though, I have never heard of any audio device - provided it has a standard 3.5mm or 6.5mm jack - that accepts only its original headphones.

joe95 23:22 09 Jan 2006

ade.h
Thanks for replying, could the word have been indented? the guy seemed quite familiar with this problem.I have some headphones that I plug into my PC's speakers they don't work either also have a couple of Walkman headphones and they don't work either.

ade.h 23:36 09 Jan 2006

Idented, perhaps? As in something that has a unique ident that is recognised by something else.

Sounds very unlike headphones though. If the maker claims that it should not present a problem, then perhaps it's a badge-marketed product and it is not fully aware of its "own" products features?

By the way - glad to know I'm not the only person whose ears were not designed for in-ear phones!

joe95 11:58 10 Jan 2006

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone