eardphones/mp3 player

joe95 12:12 09 Jan 2006

I received an mp3 player for Christmas an Aigo 205/1GB.
I have problems using any in ear earphones contacted Co. with regard to using the cup type or overear they say shouldn't be a problem, however when trying several makes at my local sound/stereo shop no joy. The owner said that there was probably an indenture in the player. I think that was the word he used.Can anyone suggest anything?
Thanks
Joe

ade.h 22:34 09 Jan 2006

Sounds like something to do with teeth...

Seriously though, I have never heard of any audio device - provided it has a standard 3.5mm or 6.5mm jack - that accepts only its original headphones.

joe95 23:22 09 Jan 2006

ade.h
Thanks for replying, could the word have been indented? the guy seemed quite familiar with this problem.I have some headphones that I plug into my PC's speakers they don't work either also have a couple of Walkman headphones and they don't work either.

ade.h 23:36 09 Jan 2006

Idented, perhaps? As in something that has a unique ident that is recognised by something else.

Sounds very unlike headphones though. If the maker claims that it should not present a problem, then perhaps it's a badge-marketed product and it is not fully aware of its "own" products features?

By the way - glad to know I'm not the only person whose ears were not designed for in-ear phones!

joe95 11:58 10 Jan 2006

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?