Dvds onto iPod

Fred278 21:02 14 Aug 2007

Oh please help me....... My son was lucky enough to win an Apple Video iPod and I want to try and get a couple of films on it for him. I've downloaded the software to convert (trial version)from Cucusoft and the conversion seems to go OK but I can't get it to import into iTunes. Am I doing something wrong?! I can select File and Import in iTunes and browse to the file but nothing happens. Going slowly mad............ any help would be much appreciated!

wolfie3000 22:00 14 Aug 2007

Try this program, its completly free and will do the job nicely,

click here

It takes a bit of time to get used to but it works perfectly.

You want to convert any video to MP4 format.

I use it for my Sony PSP.

^wave^ 08:21 15 Aug 2007

go to ilounge look at there tutorials good place for all ipod stuff

john bunyan 11:59 15 Aug 2007

Fred 278
Suggest you create a folder in "My Documents" / My Videos /My i Pod movies/ name of movie - choose your own name or place. Put the Cucusoft converted movie there (about .9 gig?). Then copy it and paste it into your iPod Library movie section. Tick the box and
synch the iPod. Works ok on my granddaughter's IPod video.

Fred278 16:10 15 Aug 2007

Thanks. The problem seems to be getting onto the iPod rather than anything else. Have converted the DVD using Cucusoft software but it will not cut and paste into my movies in the ipod. Tried to import it into iTunes using File/Import too but nothing happens. Have also tried the other bit of software mentioned above but this says there's an error.

john bunyan 19:17 16 Aug 2007

Fred 278
Save your converted movie as before. Go to Movie section pf iPod library. Choose : File : Import then go via the filing system to the movie you converted and import it - not paste. Good luck hope it works.

ambra4 16:25 28 Sep 2007

Check this one out

click here

bremner 10:06 30 Sep 2007

Here the one I use click here very simple and easy to use

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone