DVD Recorder Advice

Miss Sparkle 17:31 28 Dec 2006

Hi

I want to replace my video recorder with a DVD recorder with the aim of being able to record freeview channels as well. Would it be easier to buy a recorder with integrated freeview as several people have told me that the dvd recorders can't tune in freeview channels from a separate set top box and in order to record you have to be watching the programme as well?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

The Old Mod 18:09 28 Dec 2006

Hi, well I've a seperate freeview box and I can record ok to my dvd recorder, also I don't have to be watching freeview at the same time either! I think you have been misled.

postie24 19:50 28 Dec 2006

Have you considered one of these click here$cip%3D42492.Sound+and+vision%3EC$cip%3D42517.DVD+and+video%3EC$cip%3D42526.Digital+video+recorders.htm

You would be able to record one digital channel,whilst watching another

postie24 19:53 28 Dec 2006

Sorry wrong link,try this click here

anchor 17:12 29 Dec 2006

You have a choice; a straight DVD recorder with freeview, or a hard disk/DVD recorder. Obviously the latter is more versatile, but more expensive also.

If your budget is limited, and you want quality, then consider the Panasonic DMR-EZ25EB-S, (DVD recorder with freeview). This will cost you about £175.

click here

If you can run to about £280-£300 then consider the Panasonic DMR-EX 75 EB-S (a hard disk/DVD recorder with both a freeview and analogue tuner)

click here

I have been running a thread for advice on HDD/DVD recorders, and a number of forum members thoroughly recommend this model.

jakimo 12:39 30 Dec 2006

If you wish to watch a digital channel on your tv,and at the same time record a different digital channel,then to do this you need 2 digital tuners (a tv with an integral tuner or a freeview box,and a dvd recorder with a built in digital tuner)

jakimo 12:53 30 Dec 2006

This is also worth a read:-

click here

Miss Sparkle 12:59 30 Dec 2006

Thanks everyone for your advice - much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017