DVD playback problem .

magnus35 15:23 24 Sep 2008

Some discs burned on PC wont play on standalone Philips dvd recorder / player , they are read as being blank . A couple have played once then been read as blank when reinserted anytime later . All will play as expected on Playstation and portable dvd player . Philips suggested resetting the player to factory defaults but that made no difference . Has anybody else experienced such a problem , or can you suggest what might be the cause ?

ICF 20:17 24 Sep 2008

Try a diffrent brand of discs and/or burn at a lower speed.
What type of discs are you using?

magnus35 08:42 25 Sep 2008

Thank you for responding .
The brands used were Sony and Maxell .
The problem is with my Philips dvd player / recorder . All burned discs play fine on other machines .
Sony dvds are read as blank .
Some Maxell dvds have played once but are read as blank on subsequent attempts to play .
I realise that there are technical issues concerning how various discs are manufactured and that not all will produce desirable results , depending upon the equipment used , however , what puzzles me is the fact that this machine can ‘see’ the content of a disc once but then have a problem reading it again .

ICF 18:18 25 Sep 2008

It could be that it can only just read them or it is about to go faulty.It could also be that maxell and Sony disc's are from the same factory ie the same disc.Try a different brand altogether.

magnus35 10:41 26 Sep 2008

Have ordered different brand discs . Will post back results in a few days .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?