DVD / HDD Recorder Recommendations

antamy 13:52 07 Sep 2008

Hi,

I am looking for a new media system and am at a bit of a loss. After reasearching I have a rough idea of what I am looking for but seem to be unable to find something that encompasses everything.

What I am looking for is (approximately) as follows;

A DVD/RW Blu-Ray player with an internal HDD and preferably wireless network connectivity (or at least ethernet connectivity). If this comes as a pack inclusive of a full entertainment system (woofer & speakers) all the better. It should also have mp3 and divx compatibility, preferably without updating the firmware and invalidating the warranty.

I have a Samsung PS50A656 television which I intend to connect this too and want to get the most out of it.

Open forum - your suggestions?

Thank you for your ideas in advance.

100andthirty 17:47 07 Sep 2008

Don't know for sure, but i suspect you're too early for this as a domestic product. But you should be able to buy a computer with all this functionality

jack 14:03 08 Sep 2008

they seem to be ahead of the game

click here

anchor 15:15 09 Sep 2008

From what I read, such a model with Blue ray & HDD is not yet available. It seems that Panasonic and Sony, (& maybe others), will release new models with these features in Japan during the November/December period. No date has been fixed for their European release.

Whether these forthcoming models will have the other features you require is debatable and, in my opinion, very unlikely in the foreseeable future.

FatboySlim71 11:21 13 Sep 2008

I have had a Panasonic DVD/HDD recorder since 2006 and it has been trouble free and they are very easy to use. Panasonic are a cracking piece of kit, IMO I don't think you will do much better than Panasonic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie