Download site help please

davecooper 17:49 26 May 2008

I have collected music since I was in single figures (about 40 years) and have a large collection on every format from 78’s to CD, including open reel, DAT and Minidisc.
I will admit to having downloaded a few torrents in my time but only to see if I want to buy an album as I would rather have the full fat CD, (or even better Vinyl)
However, there are hundreds of singles and album tracks from the last 40 or 50 years that I would still like and realise that MP3 downloads are the best way to get them. I'm quite happy with MP3's for easy listening.
What are the best download sites for someone like myself? I am happy to pay for them although £7.50 + is a rip of for an MP3 album imo.
My musical tastes are varied to say the least and they include doo-wop, reggae, glam rock, progressive, heavy rock, punk, motown, soul, britpop, thrash metal... My last two albums were Slayer and Duffy – you get the picture.
Is there one site that would cover everything I want or will I need to use a number of download sites? I want these tracks to store on a PC.

MCE2K5 18:57 26 May 2008

Try these,

WE7 click here

70p a Track Or Free with Advert.

mole44 08:23 27 May 2008

i use we7,it`s good and adverts don`t bother me although i have used a music editor to get rid of them.i also use iTunes,as i was in the forces in the 60`s i now am catching up with music i have missed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?