Dolby/THX loops

fazer 13:16 03 Aug 2006

Unusual request I know but does anyone know where I can perhaps download the Dolby mini-video (you know, the one that sometimes precedes DVD films).

I want to make a video loop of this so that I can use it to set up my AV processor - I don't find the units test tone particulalry helpful and thought that these mini-clips may be more helpful.

fazer 17:05 03 Aug 2006

Bela

Thank you for that - but, and without breaching any copyright laws (!), is it possible to copy this "programme" so that it can be used independently of the DVD its sitting on?

De Marcus™ 23:02 03 Aug 2006

If you go for the editing route, make sure the audio sampling is preserved.

fazer 11:05 04 Aug 2006

Thank you both.

I did in fact find a site to download the trailers from - the quality is good and they are in full dolby dts audio etc. Got really excited until I realised that they were VOB files ! Play great on the computer opening each individually but not of course on the DVD player.

So I now have the issue of trying to authorise these for DVD players .......

Thanks again both and if you have any ideas for the quickest process to manage these VOB's, do please let me know.(I'm going to open another topic in the Helproom).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?