Does Digital TV allow analogue as well?

EFC1878 18:09 02 Nov 2007

I am hoping that somebody can provide some advice.

I am looking to buy a new TV and have seen the Bush IDLCD26TV16HD 26in HD Ready Digital LCD TV advertised at AArgos at £299.99 whihc seems to be a good price.

I live in an area where supposedly we can't yet get digital but we have a freeview box that works except that from time to time the signal is flaky. Sometimes we need to revert back to the analogue TV.

My questionnis this: Does anybody know if this TV is purely digital or allows both a digital and anal;ogue signal to be used?

FreeCell 18:16 02 Nov 2007

Yes it can also receive analogue TV, I believe.

Stuartli 18:37 02 Nov 2007

Most LCD and plasma sets provide both an analogue and digital tuner - it allows you to still watch VCR recordings for instance.

The manual should detail how to find and tune programmes using the analogue tuner.

EFC1878 19:14 02 Nov 2007

Cheers guys.

Now I think the technical side is sorted better see if it is pleasing to the eye to the missus!

oresome 19:32 02 Nov 2007

"Television Picture Quality High Definition Ready. Integrated digital (freeview). 26in (66cm) widescreen TV with 65cm visible screen size. Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels. Brightness 500 cd/m2. Contrast 600:1. Viewing angle 160/150 degrees. Progressive scan. Connectivity HDMI socket. Twin SCART socket. Component video socket. Composite. S-video socket. AV socket. Sound Quality Nicam sound. 2 x 8w RMS power output. Freeview Features Digitally interactive. Digital text. Digital audio broadcasting (DAB). Digital video broadcasting (DVB) subtitles available. Auto setup. Now and next electronic programme guide (EPG). 7 day electronic programme guide (EPG). Not top up TV compatible. Additional Features Teletext. UHF tuner. Auto setup. Auto search tuner. Auto search sorting. Child lock. NTSC compatible. Remote control requires 2 x AAA batteries (not included). 230v AC mains operation. Complete with tabletop stand. Size of TV with stand (H)56, (W)67.9, (D)20.5cm. Weight of TV 15.4kg. Suitable for wall mounting (brackets not included)."

The inclusion of a UHF tuner in the spec means that it is analogue capable

Stuartli 19:56 02 Nov 2007

Matalan has begun selling a range of Bush electronic products including TVs - this model might even be cheaper there if they stock it.

EFC1878 20:04 02 Nov 2007

I will check that out. Thanks for the tip

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone