Do I stick with Windows Phone?

GeorgesM 05:23 30 May 2016

So I'm going to need a new phone as my Lumia 550 is faulty. I loved the previous Windows phone I had and ideally I would like to stick with Windows phone. However I read an article that suggested Microsoft would no longer be manufacturing phones - click here So is it prudent to move on from Windows phone or stick?

BRYNIT 07:43 30 May 2016

I cannot see the problem. You want to stick with a Windows phone they are still available so buy one. When you next need a new phone you may have to change to android.

lotvic 13:33 31 May 2016

Some info/discussion on Lumia and Microsoft you might find interesting on this other thread click here

QuizMan 12:49 01 Jun 2016

It depends what you need the phone for. My last phone purchase was a Lumia 640 which I recently upgraded to Windows 10. If you get another Windows phone you should make sure it either comes with W10 or can be upgraded to such - not all can. I prefer Microsoft OS to Android, but the lack of apps can be frustrating. I read a review of something and think it will be very useful only to find that it is for IOS and Android. But if you don't need more than the basic apps like Facebook and Twitter, then I think you will be fine.

The last time I checked even PC Advisor doesn't do a Windows app!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?