divx/xvid player - budget model that doesnt jump?

theDarkness 12:41 23 Feb 2010

can anyone recommend a reasonable quality divx/xvid player that doesnt jump/be all jerky on high bitrate video? I encoded alot of short videos to xvid (from a relatives rubbish phone). The quality was good for the final dvd-r with all the videos in folders, but my philips divx player will jump on a few, whilst others are perfect-and i really dont want to re-encode! my friends player plays them no problem, but he's ran off and i cant find out the make. i think most are fairly cheap now, so does anyone have a player that plays every avi file ever thrown at it, and can recommend it? thanks. I think I asked this before but ended up with another rubbish philips model, lol, perhaps their newer models are better, but I need proof, lol

thanks for any help

Al94 17:47 23 Feb 2010

This will do your job and very inexpensive click here, I have a previous version of this and have had no issues - remote was a bit tacky but at the price its ok

theDarkness 13:14 25 Feb 2010

I think the jerking was my fault really, never sticking to the same program when converting videos from phone or camera, but its impossible to work out what bitrates a player will start jumping at, as each player is different. I will probably give the old philips player away- although its remote was pretty decent, lol ;) thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?