Disabling Flash

bluto1 19:12 02 Sep 2007

Hi all,

I've an Olympus Camedia C-150 digital camera, and having followed the instructions in the manual to disable the flash, I was disconcerted when having taken one picture the flash operated on the next. Can anyone tell me a way to disable the flash until I need it again, please?
Grateful for any help.

SANTOS7 22:25 02 Sep 2007

Think you need to select the FLASH OFF symbol which will turn off autoflash so it doesn't work in low light conditions..

bluto1 19:34 03 Sep 2007

That's the important part of the sequence for disabling, and not too easy to miss.

holme 19:50 03 Sep 2007

Just a thought, and a stab in the dark (no pun intended). On many cameras, if you make a new menu selection without then pressing Enter (or equivalent) to save the new state, the selection will apply /only/ until next time you switch off/on.

holme 20:04 03 Sep 2007

I've just looked at p25 of the user-guide
click here

There's no mention of saving/entering the flash mode, on this page or as far as I can tell, on any other page, so do you have to set it up (i.e. disable it) for /every/ exposure?

If you take one exposure (flash off) and then press the flash button, what symbol is displayed on the monitor? Does it still show flash off, or has it defaulted back to auto-flash? If so, there's the explanation of your reported symptoms. HTH.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?