Digital tv reception

El Supremo 00:17 10 Oct 2007

Hi, I didn't really know where else to post this so I thought I'd put it here...

I'm currently living in a student house in Swansea, South Wales. Since I've been here I've had terrible interference when trying to tune in my freeview box (tv). I'd put it down to there being a poor signal in the area, however, my room mate gets perfect reception when he runs the outdoor aerial to his freeview box. It is also worth noting that I too once had good reception using a £4.99 aerial.

Oh and btw, I live in a terraced house with thick walls.

Is there anyway can I remedy my problem? Would a booster work? Are there any great indoor aerials around?

Many thanks for your help.

Stuartli 16:33 10 Oct 2007

See:

click here

Also strongly recommended by a well known consumer magazine only this month...:-)

BT 08:26 11 Oct 2007

Can't you put a splitter in the Outdoor aerial and share the signal, with a small amplifier to boost the signal if necessary.

Stuartli 09:59 11 Oct 2007

The room mate might not be too happy to lose around half his aerial's signal strength..:-)

FungusBoggieman 17:50 11 Oct 2007

cant see why your having trouble getting a strong signal I live in a valley on the n devon coast about 3 miles inland i cannot get a signal from my local transmitter at huntshaw cross 20 miles away so I am getting a strong signal from the Wenvoe from me transmitter in south wales 0ver 40 miles
with this arial

click here

and this set top box
click here

BT 07:33 12 Oct 2007

That's why I suggested an amplifier, if necessary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?