Digital Photo Frame

Curio 20:25 18 May 2007

Bought the Better Half a 7" Digital Photo Frame so she could have a Slideshow of her favourite pics. Works OK, except for the fact that some jpgs will not display, and the device shows only a Questionmark (?) instead of the pic. Pics can be from same batch and all display on the SD Card which is inserted. Fail to show in the device. Any pointers gratefully accepted. TIA

siouxah1 19:53 19 May 2007

Curio, not an answer to your question - but- you are not alone in this happening. I often get the same problem withan SD card playing on DVD player.

I have never found out why, but sometimes some of the none playing files are resaved from original files and this has solved the problem, But not always.

Siouxah1

ICF 08:17 20 May 2007

Have you tried renaming the files?

Monoux 10:43 20 May 2007

I have foud that if I resize photos then try and display in a picture frame the colours are all weird but fine on the PC . Leave them as originals and all is OK. Might help

Curio 14:50 20 May 2007

Have tried 'Send to' the SD Card in a reader, also copy and paste, drag and drop plus renaming files. Result the same. Some show and some don't. Now going to try taking some pointless pics on the camera, card straight into Digital picture Frame and see what happens.

Curio 16:03 20 May 2007

Took a few High Res pics, transferred them to PC, then to Digital Frame SD Card without any tampering. All displayed perfectly, so the answer is to leave them in their original state as indicated by Monoux. Many thanks to all who responded.

Keredw 14:51 22 Jun 2007

After spending an hour resizing a heap of photos so they'd fit onto a 256MB SD card, I found only the dreaded question mark was displayed. I found your site and realised I was not alone. After further investigation, I found that if the supplied software (ArcSoft) was used, resizing was possible. I was using IrfanView which is my favorite graphics fiddling tool but it must do something the Digital Frame doesn't like.
Another thing, I had cropped all my photos to a 16:9 ratio, hoping they would use the full screen but all it does is put an even black border around the photo?? Has anyone resolved that quirk?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?