Digital Camera with view finder search

markyboi 13:37 03 Jun 2009

I wonder if you could help me. I am currently looking for a reasonable prioced camera £100-150 for my daughter to go to uni with.

therfore I would like a view finder (a rarity these days) and rechargeable power.

All other goodies are optional as far as I can see. She must be able to load it onto her Descktop PC of course. Any ideas??

^wave^ 17:16 03 Jun 2009

try looking at canon range they still do do view finders on some modles

Kevscar1 18:40 03 Jun 2009

If you put it in yur search engine you get this.

click here

alB 19:13 03 Jun 2009

My other half got this Canon, you would have to buy rechargeable batteries for it but other than that I'd certainly recommend it to you ...alB

click here

markyboi 08:40 04 Jun 2009

Thanks for your advice.

Why is it that camara mfgs don't think we want to take photos in the summer!!

I find it impossible to see, let alone compose a shot, with the display.

I think with a good summer forecast everyone will be taking poor pictures cause they won't be able to see what they are taking!

Stuartli 00:42 05 Jun 2009

As a photographer of more than 60 years' standing, both amateur and professional, the idea of taking a photograph holding the camera two feet in front of you strikes me as bizarre.

As has been pointed out, Canon has Powershot models with a "proper" viewfinder - my younger offspring has the excellent A720IS and the results it produces are first class.

The particular body is/was shared by a number of Canon models.

Stuartli 00:49 05 Jun 2009

This Sony:

click here

and no doubt some others also have a viewfinder.

RealGem 23:21 11 Jun 2009

For that price you could get a reconditioned Olympus Camedia C-5060 or similar model.

It's a hybrid between a compact and a DSLR. In fact it's just like a DSLR only without separate lenses and a lot lighter.

It's a brilliant camera and has it's own rechargeable battery that you can still buy new.

RealGem 23:23 11 Jun 2009

Forgot to say it has the all important viewfinder too!

Stuartli 00:24 13 Jun 2009

Is it the camera or the battery that you can still buy new?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?