Digital Camera for around £75?

Carafaraday 12:43 29 Nov 2006

Any recommendations/warnings welcome.

Not sure if I should have posted this in Consumerwatch Forum?

Confab 13:15 29 Nov 2006

I bought one of these yesterday click here from a recommendation in another thread. Going to collect it today.

Carafaraday 13:31 29 Nov 2006

Confab, thanks for your reply. Could you let me know whether you are pleased with it?

Confab 13:48 29 Nov 2006

That might be a bit difficult as I've bought it for my son for christmas (He's 10 and his bedroom wall is plastered with pics he's taken with my camera). I've read the reviews and all I can say is that it seems good value for money.

have a look click here

Confab

Carafaraday 13:53 29 Nov 2006

Confab - thanks but as you realised I can't wait for Christmas. This is also a Christmas present - for my younger son who is 26 going on 10......

siouxah1 20:13 29 Nov 2006

Have not actually used the camera that confab refers to but purchased it as a present for my nephew. He is somewhat younger than your son.

He has had no problems with it, found it easy to use and above all has produced some very good photos.

The only thing I would say is that it takes XD cards which are the most expensive. However with the continued fall of price for flash memory I do not think it will matter too much.

I thoroughly recommend it.

Brian

Carafaraday 22:36 29 Nov 2006

Thanks for your reply, siouxah1. This is by way of a trial. If he really likes taking pics, he can buy himself something a bit better, and if it just provides a few hours of interest I won't have wasted too much cash. I'm just trying to get a balance between spending too much and too little.

Any input welcomed.........

Confab 22:58 29 Nov 2006

Inexpensive XD's click here

Stuartli 23:43 29 Nov 2006

Boots has several cameras from top brands at reduced prices (under £100):

click here

including the Olympus FE-115 5.0MP

Carafaraday 11:20 30 Nov 2006

Thanks to everyone who replied. I've just bought a Canon Powershot A430 which was selling at half price in Boots. There are a couple of other Canons in the family which have been fine so hopefully we'll find it as good as they have been.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?