Digital and analogue

BeeWee 20:45 03 Jul 2008

I am confused! My sister subscribes to Vigin media as she had a terrible pic. with her ariel because of large trees outside.

Is it possible for her to be receiving an analogue and digital signal at the same time? She says that channels 1-5 are analogue (and have now improved since she has had cable)and the rest are digital. If this is so, will she lose the 1-5 channels in the switchover?

Thanks
Beth

BT 08:20 04 Jul 2008

Its possible. When NTL were supplying analogue cable, if you had it installed but later unsubscribed they would take away the box but the cable had to be left in and they were obliged to leave the terrestrial 1 - 5 channels on the cable as an ordinary analogue signal. This suggests that they supplied this signal as well as the same channels on the box. Whether this still applies with the Virgin services I don't know.

BT 08:27 04 Jul 2008

If she can change channels with the TV remote she would have the 1-5 channels plus a channel for the cable where she will have the 1-5 cahnnels as well. I think this is how we had it when we had NTL analogue. Since we moved and were changed over to Digital I must admit I have'nt thought of trying to tune my TV to the analogue channels as the Virgin box is connected by a Scart cable and the channels is selected automatically.

After the change over, if this is the case, I would think the analogue channels would go.

BeeWee 14:28 04 Jul 2008

Thank you BT for your replies - I am a bit clearer now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?