Digisender Help

Blazon82 08:52 29 Aug 2006

Hi, Has anyone had any experience of the distance Digisenders will operate. I have just installed Freeview in my garden shed as it was the most convenient place for the aerial. I am hoping to use a Digisender to send to the house, the distance being 25 metres and through 3 walls. Any ides if it will work?
Digiman

silverous 12:45 29 Aug 2006

Sounds like a reasonable distance, can't you just run coax down the garden and up the wall?!

DieSse 14:11 29 Aug 2006

You may be pushing it a bit at that distance. Check the specs of different models, as you will find differences.

FelixTCat 17:59 29 Aug 2006

Blazon

It is entirely up to you as to how you set up your system, but don't you have ANY tv aerial points in the house you could use?

It's a long way to walk to keep changing channels, since the remote channel changing facility never works well for me.

Regards,

Felix

Blazon82 18:23 29 Aug 2006

Thanks for the comments, probably best to run coax up to the house.
Felix,
I do have cable TV in the house, but no TV point for an external aerial.Have no chimneys, or suitable points to fix one. Take your point about changing channels.
Regards

Blazon82 18:28 02 Sep 2006

Sorry I should have ticked as resolved. I have found several wireless pieces of equipment have nowhere near the distance cover that is claimed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?