digi Camera from a doubtful source

jack 18:07 26 Nov 2007

Considering obtaining another smaller pocket diagram to humping the DSLR every where.
To day whilst prowling the high street I came across the local Cash Converters and in the window quite host of didicams of various make and shapes at what seems to be reasonable prices.
Hmm- considering that these places exist supposedly on what yer actual hard up punter brings in for a bit of cash- was it just fortuitous as we are nearing Christmas all this stuff just appears- or do they buy in from secret source of secondhand/recovered goods/or where?
what do you all think?

jack 20:35 26 Nov 2007

Editied
I am Considering obtaining another smaller pocket digicam to stop humping the DSLR everywhere.

To day whilst prowling the high street I came across the local Cash Converters and in the window quite host of digicams of various make and shapes at what seems to be reasonable prices.
Hmm- considering that these places exist supposedly on what yer actual hard up punter brings in for a bit of cash- was it just fortuitous as we are nearing Christmas all this stuff just appears- or do they buy in from secret source of secondhand/recovered goods/or where?
what do you all think?

Computerdope 11:03 27 Nov 2007

click here

Cant get much cheaper.

i'm not sure about cash converters, dont think they are that cheap, for old unwanted goods.

jack 12:20 27 Nov 2007

'i'm not sure about cash converters, dont think they are that cheap, for old unwanted goods.'

I concur the rule of thumb for current secondhand should be-buy in for 1/3 and sell for 2/3
They seem to go beyond that in sales dont know their buy in rate though.
What I was getting at though is from time to time you see lines that are not 2ndhand 'buyins' but parcels of bankrupt/reclaimed stocks possibly - thus I was wondering about the said digicams - What would their source be?

Stuartli 13:58 27 Nov 2007

I used to occasionally nip into the Preston branch of Cash Converters (I passed it at least twice a day) and every so often would pick up a genuine bargain.

One of them, a BT answerphone that had seen service elsewhere, is still performing splendidly at least 15-20 years after being purchased.

Obviously you will need to be careful what you buy, but I always found that the staff were very helpful.

lisa02 11:44 28 Nov 2007

I haven't been in one in years.

A family member won a small games system, GBA SP, brand new,worth £80 and still sealed up. On the way home she went in out of curiosity and asked how much could she get?

The answer was £15, okay it only cost her 50p in a machine, but £15???

I think when she got home a friend or who ever took it off her hands for £50.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?