Dialaphone won't fix my phone and its under warranty!

fridgeno1 23:04 14 May 2013
Answered

Hi I purchased a HTC One X from Dialaphone in August, last year, 2012. The phone initially sent me was faulty, so, I sent it back, and a replacement was re-sent to me. This replacement phone worked just fine until last week when it went all funny (the backlight wouldnt turn on, the phone reset itself and the screen flickered whilst in use)! The phone is now completely unusable... so I sent it off to Dialaphone (as the phone is still under warranty), hoping for a swift repair job.
However, a few days after sending the phone, Dialaphone called me up to say that they are refusing to fix it, as the handset has already been opened and that I should send it to HTC to get a second opinion. Now there's two reasons as to why I wouldn't open the phone myself: 1, the phone is under warranty (so any repairs undertaken would cost me money), and 2,I know, that if you open any electrical product you invalidate the warranty (something i wouldn't do as I need it to be valid). I cant get through to HTC either via e-mail or phone and am now left in limbo as to what to do. Can anyone help? Thanks

Nontek 08:32 15 May 2013
Answer

You would probably get more response by putting this question into the Tech Consumer Advice forum - copy and paste will save you having to re-type it all.

Tick this question as Resolved in order to save confusion.

Good luck.

fridgeno1 09:54 15 May 2013

Thanks!

Nontek 16:46 15 May 2013

I notice you have not yet put this into the correct forum, the longer you leave it the harder the problem will become.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?