Dead Sharp Aquos - help

AquosProblem 00:07 30 Jul 2007

Hi

I bought an Aquos LC-26P50E a couple of years ago from DigitalDirect. The thing appears to have died on me. It basically just closed down and the standby light just flashed red on and off continuously. The on/off switch did nothing - wouldn't switch off - and I had to disconnect it at the mains to switch the thing off completely. When reconnected it did the same thing. I looked in the troubleshooting section of the manual and it wasn't very helpful. Possibly foolishly, I decided to reset the whole thing by pressing the "system reset" on the back of the set. Brilliant - a solid red standy light. Brilliant again when I fired it up using the remote - solid green light ... for about thirty seconds. Now both the standby and the adjacent "sleep" light are flashing red on and off. Any ideas? I've heard that Sharp service are rubbish and I don't have an extended warranty so I thought I'd try here first.

Cheers

BrianW 12:00 30 Jul 2007

Sorry you are having problems with your Aquos. Mine died (32" jobbie) and Sharp's customer support was dreadful. Luckily I got mine from Comet and their support was spot on - after a couple of week of them trying to get Sharp to resolve the problem they took the set back (it was within warranty) and replaced it with a Sony.

All I can suggest is that you get on to Sharp and make it clear that you expect decent support.

Push and keep pushing - they do seem to have a known problem with this switching system. Its similar to What happened to me and I found quite a few references to the same problem, mainly in the States. Maybe worth doing a Google search before you contact them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017