Data DVD problems

pbass 13:29 29 Aug 2006

I have created back up dvd's fo photo files in both Photoshop Album and Nero. The discs were verified as being ok at time of burning but when trying to access the discs now, I get an error message saying that the drive is inaccessible and 'incorrect function'.
any advice please?

STREETWORK 07:36 03 Sep 2006

You could try and update the drivers for the drive.

It could aslo be that the disc is faulty, this can happen from time to time even if it is verified.

Try the disc on another PC if you can.

Also;

click here

pbass 12:21 03 Sep 2006

Thanks for that. Have checked drivers and they are up to date. Although I'm not in a position to check in another PC, I'm having the same results with around 6 discs that I have made. This was using both Nero and Photoshop album to burn discs. Only other thing I've noticed is on My Computer menu, the drive shows as DVD-Rw Drive, after putting the discs in, this changes to CD Drive. Does this signify something?

rodriguez 15:21 03 Sep 2006

If you have another DVD drive, try them in that. Also try a few different discs in the drive that gives "Incorrect function" including pre-recorded discs. If the drive's faulty, they're easy to replace anyway.

STREETWORK 15:40 03 Sep 2006

Could be a sofware problem caused by NERO, try and use windows to copy data to a disk and read it.

pbass 15:51 03 Sep 2006

The dvd drive plays original dvd's ok. Have looked at copying files in windows onto dvd but it only says about copying files to CD, not DVD?

STREETWORK 18:21 03 Sep 2006

This does smell of a conflict between nero and photoshop. Again try to copy files using window drag and drop feature, this will invoke windows to do the cpoying. Once done see if you can read the disk.

GroupFC 22:26 03 Sep 2006

AFAIK, windows doesn't support drag and drpo to DVD!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?