daewoo dr2100p

hzhzhz 15:22 11 Feb 2006

Local supermarket has above dvd recorder for £59.99. Anyone got one,if so,are they any good.

Big Elf 11:23 13 Feb 2006

They're OK for the price. They have lots of features but one problem is that they don't have a built in tuner so you can't record one channel and watch another at the same time.

It can use DVD-R/W and DVD+R/W bit not DVD-RAM.

hzhzhz 19:31 13 Feb 2006

Thanks for the reply Big Elf.I feel its time to move away from tapes.

erdie 15:16 17 Feb 2006

Of course this recorder has got a built in tuner. I think a lot of people have looked at the currys/dixons website which says that it has not got a tuner, but most of the dvd recorders listed at dixons say that they dont have a tuner (I don't know what the people who work for this company are qualified in but it certainly aint electronics).
I have had the daewoo since early December and I think it compare very well with most others even the top end ones.
erdie

Big Elf 19:25 17 Feb 2006

Well mine hasn't and I can't record one channel and watch another (I've tried).

Page 12 of the manual says:

'RF CONNECTION
Connect the RF OUT (TO TV) jack on the DVD Recorder to the antenna in jack on your TV using the supplied 75-ohm RF cable...'

and

'This set doesn't have a modulated channel output. It simply loops through the RF output)'

Maybe you have a different model?

erdie 16:07 20 Feb 2006

Big Elf
Are you trying to watch another channel through the av channel? If you want to do that you would need a machine with 2 tuners.
The fact that you have the rf going into the dvd recorder and then going to the tv must prove that it has got a built in tuner.

Big Elf 18:34 20 Feb 2006

I can only use it through an AV channel. Would that mean if I had 2 AV channels I could watch one channel and record another (say yes, I need to convince the wife we need a new TV)?

I thought that because the signal loops through the RF output on the DVD Recorder that it didn't have its own TV tuner.

I have a SCART extender that gives me 4 extra sockets but with everything plugged in then the DVD controls everything.

hzhzhz 18:48 20 Feb 2006

Anyway,I went last Saturday to get one and guess what,yes, they'd all gone.<):-(

Big Elf 19:08 20 Feb 2006

There'll be others. Mine cost £80 from Curry's and I still think it was worth it.

hzhzhz 19:29 20 Feb 2006

Thanks Big Elf. <):-)->----<

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?