DAB+

onionskin 23:15 22 Nov 2009

If I buy a new DAB radio now, will it be useless when DAB+ comes in.

Quickbeam 09:12 23 Nov 2009

click here
I'm not sure, but as I bought into DAB early, I won't be too disappointed. But if I was to buy equipment now, and it was obsolete next year, I'd be livid.

According to the link, it won't happen very soon though.

dms_05 13:44 23 Nov 2009

It's hardly encouraging for a potential purchaser when the equipment he may buy might be obsolete (and sold knowing that fact) when DAB+ arrives. Luckily I can't receive any English language DAB where I live (in England) but can receive foreign language DAB instead. I can of course receive high quality FM broadcasts of all the stations I would like to receive but none in DAB. I don't even live in an isolated location.

onionskin 00:11 24 Nov 2009

Yes, a useful link, thanks. I'll make sure my new radio is upgradeable. Having some stations on DAB and some on DAB+ seems like the worst of both worlds though, I might need two radios.
I thought they were looking to switch everyone over to digital radio in the next couple of years, wrong as usual.

I'll click resolved to keep things tidy.

onionskin 19:38 28 Nov 2009

A radio with a DAB/DAB+ switch, like the old fashioned AM/FM switch, would seem to be the one to go for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?