I. From click here:
* Email support - click here (may take days/weeks to get a response)
* Telephone support (operating Hours: Mon-Fri 09:30-18:00 (GMT) / Closed on Sat-Sun & Public Holidays)
Contact number: 00353 1 4333200 (RO Ireland). Call 08447202020 then immediately dial the number to get a 1p/min rate (from click here)
Not sure if they'll answer technical queries though - "You're eligible to receive complimentary telephone support for 60 days to help you install and get started with your new product"
II. Having searched their knowledgebase, this is what I've come up with. Couldn't post direct links because of the 'session ID' nature of the links, which expire after a short while.
To help yourelf go to click here & enter:
- SID4763 in the box & click on Search. You'll get "MP3 Players - Essential Troubleshooting".
Try the tips one at a time & check to see if it has solved the problem. Has a line halfway down that reads, 'If you receive a message about "Player Not Detected", or Player is Busy message, we recommend you check the following:'
- SID6578: Most requested driver or firmware downloads for MP3 players
- SID4794: How do I access the recovery mode of my Creative MP3 Player?
IMPORTANT NOTE: If at some point you have to do the firmware update, do a prior BACKUP of all songs on the player (if possible/necessary). A failed firmware update will need a recovery, which entails a full format resulting in complete loss of contents.
Good luck, G