Creative Zen freezes when shutting down

hicky78 20:38 06 Sep 2006

Can somebody please help??

I bought a creative zen some time ago and up until recently been really pleased until it started to freeze. After listening to music and I try and turn it off it displays the shutting down screen , but then freezes. The only way around this is to let the battery run it's self down and then recharge.

I have read all the information but with no help.

Does anybody know if this is a common fault and any way to stop this happening??

STREETWORK 21:22 06 Sep 2006

This appears to be common fault/issue with this player. Call Creative and they will help you. They replaced my wireless mouse free of charge when it acted up and it was 3 years old. Go on Buzz them, nothing to loose...

Al94 10:48 07 Sep 2006

There should be a reset swich on the base beside the connector, insert a pin and it will reset so you dont have to wait for it to run down.

mikef. 21:38 09 Sep 2006

You say you have had it for some time, have you got the latest firmware as this is supposed to solve the problem

Kunzyte 21:49 21 May 2009

My Zen just started doing the same thing. I'm tempted to reset it, but I'm afraid of losing all my files. Will the reset harm anything I already have on the drive?

100andthirty 08:33 25 May 2009

Resetting a Zen leaves the files intact. However if you update the firmware it formats the Zen and you lose everythings. Make sure you have a bcak up before updating the firmware - if you decide to - and follow the instructions on the Creative website to the letter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone