Copying 8mm movies to PC

Hi, Can anyone out there suggest a way of transfering 8mm film onto a PC for editing purposes.

Thanks in Anticipation.
Wurzel

De Marcus™ 19:05 07 Aug 2006

Do you have an 8mm camcorder?

If so, all you need is an analogue capture device.

BT 08:32 08 Aug 2006

If they are Cine films I believe Jessops will transfer them to Video tape or CD/DVD.

BT 08:35 08 Aug 2006

Just found this link for Jessops transfer services

click here

mole44 08:07 09 Aug 2006

i got quit a few years ag a gismo that you put your cine projector in one side camcorder in the other side using a mirror set at 45% to both projector to camcorder.worked a treat and it did slides as well.

Wilham 09:53 15 Aug 2006

Wurzel: I too am very interested. A few years ago I projected 8mm film onto a screen and captured with my camcorder. Not good, so I bought a mirror-in-a-box contraption from Argos (about £50) for film and 35/60mm tranparences. I wasn't happy with this either. Not surprised it went from the catalogue.

Not all woe, though. I bought a Dimage Scan Dual IV transparency copier to capture transparences. Expensive (ca £240) but it does what I want.

I know there are several film-to-dvd services on offer, but I'm fussy about quality,-you can't afford to lose detail on 8mm.

I'm hoping someone will make a machine I can afford to handle 8mm in a similar way to my Dimage with its frame-by-frame high definition motorised capture. Or offer such as a service?

The memories tied up in these records are v precious.

Wilham 10:24 15 Aug 2006

I've just noticed the ad on RHS of screen which, though distant, seems to answer my last question. click here

pj123 14:02 20 Aug 2006

Give this place a look:

click here

They give a Free Trial Offer - Try Before You Buy.

maltose 16:18 20 Aug 2006

I want to mount photos as if randomly dropped onto an A4 size sheet of paper. i.e. some "fallen" on others, some at odd alignments. can you recommend any software?

maltose 16:21 20 Aug 2006

Whoops sorry I meant this to be a new thread - sorry wurz.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?