CONVERTING VIDEO FILES

jack 14:16 07 Mar 2007

In a recent post I was talking about a burned DVD and it compatibility to various players and a PC
see my
click here

Downloading Ulead Video studio 10- solved that particular problem but raises another
The files not on my hard drive are a collection of VOB BUP IFO USR files which work well with Video Studio 10 and also PowerDVD.
But Win Media Player,Win Movie Maker,Pinnacle 9 and even the ubiquitous Irfanview will not accommodate them.
So I am looking for a conversion utility that will make the above files more 'Universal'
Is there such an animal?

Kev B 16:42 07 Mar 2007

I've found Super from Erightsoft simple and very good for all kinds of codec conversion and compression etc.

Their blurb.
"If you need a simple, yet very efficient tool to convert (encode) or play any Multimedia file, without reading manuals or spending long hours training, then SUPER © is all you need.

It is a Multimedia Encoder and a Multimedia Player, easy-to-use with 1 simple click.

SUPER © is totally FREE to download and to use.
It plays & converts very fast full length movies to any other format without any time or function limitation.

NO trial or evaluation version of SUPER © but one unique fully working version.

SUPER © does NOT require any additional external codec to be installed, absolutely nothing. Necessary codecs are built in!

SUPER © can also play and save Internet Media Streams with different protocols ( mms:// rtsp:// http://)"

Kev B 16:44 07 Mar 2007

Forgot this. It can be found at click here

David4637 17:08 07 Mar 2007

I down loaded super c. It has a .3GP file extension? How is it meant to be installed/run? Thanks David

jack 08:01 08 Mar 2007

Thank you Kev B
I have found a load of them so down loaded a selection to evaluate.
These include
NCH Prism[Their Audio stuff is pretty good]
XVideo converter
AVS
These should keep me busy for a while.

David4637 15:51 08 Mar 2007

See my query above please about running Super C. Thanks David

David4637 13:33 09 Mar 2007

Your threads above don't indicate how it is installed or run. The 3GP file extension has no association with an application on my system, so it will not run, please advise ??? Thanks David

David4637 13:48 10 Mar 2007

F5

AndySD 23:44 10 Mar 2007

click here and go to the bottom of the page and redownload it.

David4637 13:47 11 Mar 2007

Refresh, see my query about Super C. Thanks David

David4637 13:56 11 Mar 2007

Just read your post, went to link, don't understand it. I want to encode a video file produced from pinnacle studio V943 (think its avi file?) and code it to a VOB for DVD burning. Will Super C produce a VOB? Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?