Connecting a DVD player to a skybox

Nuneatonian 01:42 09 Aug 2006

Hi there
I am having trouble connecting a DVD player to my skybox. My TV has only 1 scart. I tried connecting the Player with the VCR scart (on the Skybox, but it seems to not want to know. When I turn off the Skybox and I have turned on the player nothing is on screen. I have bought new scart cables just in case, still makes no difference.
Any one help please? Please note the jargon RF etc is all confusing to me!!!

Thankyou

BRYNIT 09:11 09 Aug 2006

Have you checked that the DVD player works when connected directly to the TV.

Have you also tried manually switching the TV to the AV channel.

DieSse 11:26 09 Aug 2006

*When I turn off the Skybox and I have turned on the player nothing is on screen.*

How about if you don't turn off the Sky box?

In fact the VCR socket on Sky boxes are for both recording and replaying - that's why a video with only a SCART connection to a Sky box can play back through it - and the pictures end up on the screen!

However, for the playback to work, the SCART input on the Sky box must be fed from a SCART on the DVD player, otherwise there won't be a signal to tell the Sky box there's a player attached.

Añl that said - a SCART switch will also work fine.

fazer 13:28 09 Aug 2006

May I suggest that you stick to the SCART-switch option; you get best quality when the DVD is connected directly to the television and not through any other machinary.

Nuneatonian 16:31 09 Aug 2006

Hi all
Thanks for the advice, I will try all the suggestions and let you know what happens

Regards
Nuneatonian

Nuneatonian 19:12 11 Aug 2006

Hi all
I have now got my DVD connected to my sky box, and it was by scart to scart, so I don't know what went wrong before
Thank you for your help.
Regards
Nuneatonian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone