connect lcd tv to freeview box no scart

spacecadet 19:13 24 Jan 2007

hi i have this lcd click here and i want to connect it to a freeview set top box.
there is no scart connection but it comes with a mmi connection,i presume is s video.
it is also supplied with a lead that fits into the s video connection which has a yellow/red/white female connection at the other end.I havent purchased a stb yet but im guessing they have a scart connection.
if i got a scart lead which has the yellow/red/white male at the other nd would this enable me to both view and hear the channels?

spacecadet 19:18 24 Jan 2007

hi sorry link doesnt work,try again,if still doesnt work hopefully someone maybe be able to help from info above? click here

spacecadet 19:19 24 Jan 2007

second link does work,the lead mentioned is pictured under box contents

Stuartli 19:38 24 Jan 2007

The yellow/red/white plugs are for video (yellow) and audio (red and white) and are, judging by the illustration, RCA type for composite video.

Red is for the right hand sound channel and white (or black) for the left hand channel.

spacecadet 19:44 24 Jan 2007

thanks stuartli,
if i get the scart lead with the male connections is that all i need for the set up to fully function

Stuartli 20:03 24 Jan 2007

Hopefully. But make sure that the Scart to RCA plugs lead is two way input (or at the least Freeview set top box to TV input).

Stuartli 20:04 24 Jan 2007

These may help you:

click here

click here

spacecadet 20:32 24 Jan 2007

thanks very much for your advice

spacecadet 20:52 24 Jan 2007

i have a maplin a mile away is this the one
click here

postie24 18:57 25 Jan 2007

Yes that one is fine

Postie24

spacecadet 07:41 26 Jan 2007

thanks stuartli & postie24
regs
Darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?