Comparison between phones, Z1, 5S, HTC One

Lewys 02:15 13 Nov 2013

Hello, I have recently ordered an iPhone 5S but after Orange have made me chase my order for the last week saying it is out of stock after telling me it would arrive on a different day every time I call I have considered a different phone.

I have read the reviews on PC Advisor but just wanted other peoples opinions as well. Myself I have always been one for the iPhones, but after losing my 4S before I switched to the Galaxy S3, didn't think much of it and probably won't go back to Samsung.

I am now between choices of the Sony Xperia Z1, iPhone 5S or the HTC One. Just wondering what other people think, right now I'm currently edging toward the HTC One, it's totally different from what I'm use to and seems like a powerhouse performer but just wondering what everyone else thinks as I'd like to avoid being stuck with a phone I don't like for 2 years if I can.

cyberphobic 07:57 13 Nov 2013

Firstly, if Orange are messing you around, why not buy your Orange Iphone 5S from Carphone Warehouse? Have just checked online and they are in stock and will almost certainly be cheaper than Orange. I have previously owned Samsung Galaaxy S2, S3 and S4 but as the rest of my family are all Iphone 5 I bowed to the inevitable and I have to say I am really pleased with my 5S. Reception is much better than the S4 and battery life is two to two and a half days, again much better than the S4. I had an Experia Z1 - very attractive and fast, slightly on the large size, but I found at work where i got 1 bar with the S4 and now get 2 bars with the 5S I could get no signal at all, I exchanged the phone at Vodafone for an identical model and it was exactly the same! No experience of the HTC One other than that from reading reviews a lot of people find Blinkfeed very irritating!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?