Coloured circles in my gmail inbox

ponytail 12:59 17 Jun 2017

When I go into my gmail inbox on my Samsung S3 mini there are round coloured circles with various letters in on the L/H side then if you tap on the circle it turns grey and a tic appears.Does anyone know what these circles are for.Why different numbers and colours and what does the tick mean when I tap the circle

Graham55 15:23 17 Jun 2017

That is just the gmail app. I have the same thing and it is all normal. It's qoogle mails way of just making it easier I think. Its the first letter of the person who sent you the email and the colour is random. When you tap it and turn grey with a tick it's just for you to see what you have selected for options like delete, mark as read/unread, etc...

Nothing to worry about.

ponytail 16:09 17 Jun 2017

Thanks I can see that now it was the different colours that puzzled me

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?