Change from THREE to Virgin Mobile

amonra9 14:14 07 Oct 2017

I have just bought a second hand Galaxy S7 which is apparently locked to THREE. The THREE logo is on the start-up screen and I can't get rid of it. I have put my new nano sim card in, but the phone does not seem to recognise it. (Apparently the S7 is unlocked to all networks ????)

I still have my old phone working with the existing sim card , do I have to "verify" the new nano sim before it will work ? I thought the phone would automatically recognise it and then refuse to connect.

I don't want to "verify" the new sim until I can be sure that it will work in the new phone or I will be left with two useless phones !

Your help please ASAP thanks in advance.

Lorraine Baines-McFly 18:58 07 Oct 2017
  Govan1x 20:48 07 Oct 2017

locked to 3.Probably not be able to go to Virgin if locked to 3. orange or EE will work with Virgin not sure about any others.

amonra9 21:51 07 Oct 2017

Thanks to you all, it seems as though I have to join THREE network then leave before it can be unlocked. Weird.......

Lorraine Baines-McFly 03:49 08 Oct 2017

I have purchased many a phone from Three including various iPhones, a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and a Galaxy S8 Plus. All have been unlocked at time of purchase and I could pop any Sim into the device from any Network and away I went after the device had setup the APN Settings.

To get rid of the Three start-up logo on your Galaxy S7 you will need to flash the device with a stock ROM from Samsung.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?