Cell Phone Not Receiving Texts

CaseyCastro 23:16 13 Jun 2014

My phone isn't receiving text messages. I have a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket and I use the Go SMS Pro App. Tried restarting phone, removing battery and replacing, clearing app data, uninstalling and reinstalling the Go SMS app, and tried using the stock messenger. I can still send text messages though.

omitsolutions 07:11 19 Jun 2014

SMS messages are stored in a database on the device, in non-volatile memory. If you don't delete them, the memory gets full and you can't receive any more.

Go to the Play Store and install the app SMSBackup. It's a free, ad-supported app. You can use it to download and delete the messages off your phone. The downloaded messages are saved to a directory on the SD card. You can delete by date ranges, so you can leave recent ones on the phone.

Once you free up some room, that should get the messages you're waiting for. If they don't arrive, try turning wi-fi off and use the carrier's signal. This sometimes causes delivery issues. If that doesn't work, call the carrier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?