Cartoon Network Channel

lil27 13:06 05 Jan 2009

I have just added a TV with freeview into my sons upstairs bedroom. My main TV in the downstairs living room is hooked up to my Virgin Media cable box. My son complains that his new TV does not have the Cartoon Network channel(Note - this is not a freeview channel).

How can I get the Cartoon Network channel in his room ? Will i need to get Virgin to install an additional cable box or is there any technology out there that will allow this to happen. Can i put a splitter on the cable box so I can get cable on two TV's at the same time. (i know i will not be able to watch two separate cable channels?

Any advice welcomed.

BT 16:33 05 Jan 2009

There is an RF(Aerial) out socket on the back of the Virgin cable box so you could run a long extension lead. It does work as I have one from my box into the room where my PC is.

lil27 12:57 06 Jan 2009

Cheers BT for the response. I connected a cable from the RF out socket on the cable box to the Aerial on the TV. It only managed to act as an aerial extension as i could only get the Freeview and analogue channels. The cable channels did not come up on the second TV. I tried to select AV channel etc but no joy.

Thanks anyway. I am considering an upgrade to the Virgin V+ box so will keep the old cable box and get Virgin to route new cable upstairs on installation.

lil27 12:58 06 Jan 2009

Cheers BT for the response. I connected a cable from the RF out socket on the cable box to the Aerial on the TV. It only managed to act as an aerial extension as i could only get the Freeview and analogue channels. The cable channels did not come up on the second TV. I tried to select AV channel etc but no joy.

Thanks anyway. I am considering an upgrade to the Virgin V+ box so will keep the old cable box and get Virgin to route new cable upstairs on installation.

De Nada 14:57 06 Jan 2009

Have you tuned the second tv to pickup virgin?,turn virgin on then retune second tv.

karmgord 22:03 07 Jan 2009

you could buy a video sender but it would mean the downstairs main tv would hve to be showing the cartoon network as the upstairs tv would only pick up what was showing downstairs

lil27 13:03 08 Jan 2009

Karmgord,

Thought about one of those but was put off by negative reviews about signal quality and interference etc.

With one of the video senders, i assume i could switch NTL box to Cartoon Network for upstairs viewing and watch freeview tv downstairs. is this possible ?

Also does the video sender connect to the RF output (aerial) socket on the NTL box or the Scart. ?

Cheers to all who responded.

birdface 11:59 14 Jan 2009

If you run a cable from your TV to your sons tv you would have to sit and watch the cartoons as well.Whatever channel that you are watching downstairs is the only virgin channel that you can see upstairs.

birdface 12:06 14 Jan 2009

Video senders used to interfere with other Tvs in different houses years ago.Not sure if they still do that.

lil27 13:06 14 Jan 2009

Thanks for all replies.

I have decided to put my hand in my pocket and go with the V+ upgrade which includes keeping my old cable box for my sons room. Installation booked for next week.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?