Car system doesn't see some albums.

davecooper 21:53 22 Aug 2014

I have a strange thing happening with my car entertainment system when using a USB storage device. I sync the USB stick with Windows Media Player and can see that all the music has loaded to the stick. When I plug it into the car however, the car system doesn't see a few albums and won't display them in the listings. I have tried every method of copying the files to the stick and all the albums are available on all other devices except the car. All the files appear to be identical 256Kbps mp3 files so I cannot understand why they don't all appear. Can anyone shed any light on why this might be?

davecooper 21:57 22 Aug 2014

Can I just add to my post above. It is always the same albums regardless of how many times I reload the files and however I transfer them. None of the missing files has any data protection enabled either. Thanks

Woolwell 22:14 22 Aug 2014

Instead of syncing can you copy the files to the storage device?

davecooper 09:59 26 Aug 2014

Tried copying directly from C drive but still no joy. I also loaded only the offending albums on to the USB stick. Using the normal option for veiwing albums, the car system does not recognise these and labels them either with "unknown album" or some other other name that has nothing to do with the file. There is also the option on the car system to open up the files from the root folder. Using this, the album titles are correct as are all the song titles. It seems that there is something about these particular albums that prevents the car system displaying them normally. When using an iPod, the car system does not recognise any album or track info but will display the album artwork! All very strange.

davecooper 11:20 27 Aug 2014

Ok, after much searching, it seems likely that the problem is due to tagging errors or other errors with the MP3 files. There seems to be a number of programs that can find and fix these errors. Any recommendations for the best ones to use for Windows 8.1?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:42 27 Aug 2014

I have been using ID3tagit for years and the latest version works ok in 8.1 best thing is its free.

davecooper 15:31 27 Aug 2014

Excellent. Thanks for that. I had seen this mentioned in varoius posts on the web but just wondered whether it was any good. I'll give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?