Canon Repair!!!!!

hzhzhzhz 15:07 12 May 2007

Last year I bought a Canon S3IS digicam.Within a few months the flash refused to work and because I didn't want to be without the camera for weeks, I put up with it. Anyway,with 10 days of the warranty left,I sent it away to a Canon repair centre. This morning it was returned to me (3 weeks later).
The flash is now working and according to the letter with it, the camera has been cleaned,serviced and Fully tested. Great.
Not great in fact because when testing all the functions I find that neither the Manual focus or the Macro function are working. Fully tested??. Now its out of warranty.
My own fault I suppose for not seeing to it in the first place but there again,what if the fault had only developed with 10 days warranty left.

Severn Bore 15:21 12 May 2007

Have you contacted Canon about this? If it was returned still faulty I would think Canon would accept liability.

hzhzhzhz 15:27 12 May 2007

Severn Bore

I'll have to wait till Monday to contact anyone.
The camera has come back with more problems than it had when it was sent away lol.

hzhzhzhz 10:58 19 May 2007

Camera was posted back to repair centre on 16th and I recieved it back today,all fixed. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?