Canon iP4300 color calibration

margareta 19:46 29 Jul 2008

a question about the iP4300: My color printing is off. white prints as black and vice versa, colors are not what they appear to be on the screen, I mean not even close. I tried to do some calibration in the printing properties submenu, but it does not seems to make drastic enough changes in the printings. any advice?
thanks-

Kemistri 16:41 30 Jul 2008

1: Start with a correctly configured monitor that uses an appropriate profile. If you're good at creating profiles manually, do so. Otherwise, invest in a colourimeter such as an Eye One or ColourMunki.
2: Set your image editor's profile input/output and working space correctly.
3: Use the correct ICC profile and settings for each paper type.
4: Use good quality inks, preferably originals. Ensure that the print head/s is/are working properly.

If, after all that, your results are still off, then you have either done something incorrectly or you have faulty hardware. And if your results are so bad that "white [is rendered as] black..." then you surely must have a faulty printer.

jack 18:09 30 Jul 2008

Said Kemistri
I wonder about a physical fault though
A printer squirts ink by command.
So is either getting the incorrect commands or the cartridge is reading back to front[Not likely is it?]

Tell us more about the computer, and operating system,
program being used to print.

hssutton 21:44 30 Jul 2008

Tell you what, do not try to profile your printer unless you have the correct equipment, such as those listed by Kemistri or as I do with a "Spyder" instead when selecting print from your image editor, select "Let (your editor)manage colours".

Of course as already mentioned this could just be a malfunctioning printer.

If you do not have monitor calibration software/hardware, download Monitor calibration wizard click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?