Cannot record Digital signal from integrated TV

bigrad 06:01 21 Dec 2008

I have recently purchased a freeview integrated Bush LCD tv Model LT 32M1CA. It works fine but I find that I can only record the analogue channnels onto my VCR. I have tried all manner of set ups and different recorders but the result is the same. I previously had a TV with a set top box and I was able to record digital channels to the VCR using AV1 without a problem and I just assumed that I would be able to do the same with an integrated set, but without the need for a set top box. Looking closely at the manual it says "Scart 1 transmits RGB, S-Video and CVBS in and CVBS tuner out (analog)". Does all this mean that I either have to buy a digital video recorder to record digital channels or reconnect my old set top box in some way. Sorry if this is a naive question - i was just expecting it to work! Any advice gratefully received.

100andthirty 07:24 21 Dec 2008

If your video recorder has two SCART sockets connect your set top box to one and the TV to the other. The video manual will say which is which

bigrad 08:51 21 Dec 2008

Thanks. It now works fine now and there was me about to donate my set top box!

David4637 13:46 21 Dec 2008

You should be able to record from your new TV to your VCR providing your TV has a built in Digital tuner, which I think you imply it has. You use a scart lead. Therefore you should not need your standalone STB that you have found still works. David

john bunyan 16:41 21 Dec 2008

bigrad, David4637.
Yes but then you cannot watch one Freeview channel whilst recording another without a STB. I would keep the STB as a Freeview tuner to the VCR, so you can watch and record two different Freeview channels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

11 must-have iMessage stickers packs by Jean Jullian, Christoph Niemann, Jon Burgerman & more

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Que faire en cas de vol ou perte de votre smartphone ?