Can you get E4/E4+1/More4 on Freesat?

JoE. 17:04 24 Oct 2006

The website says no, but I don't think that's been updated since these channels were made free-too-air. Anyone know either way?

Kate B 18:41 24 Oct 2006

They're available on Freeview so I imagine they're available on Freesat too.

Ross Murray 19:18 24 Oct 2006

As far as I'm aware the answer is no - we are an ex sky sucriber and have been using freeview and top up tv for the last few years but decided to connect the old digi box from sky yesterday to see what channels were free. No channel 4 or 5 "please call (number) to subscirbe to this channel". Decided to stick with the freeview box!

Bob The Nob© 19:38 24 Oct 2006

Yes, plus lots more tha Freeview

click here

Bob The Nob©

JoE. 19:44 24 Oct 2006

I can't see that it says any of my specified channels on the page...

Stuartli 21:34 24 Oct 2006

It doesn't, although the four ITV channels are available.

I would suggest the vast majority of the Freestat TV channels are of very little or no interest to the majority.

JoE. 13:32 25 Oct 2006

I see that. Not that most of those are any good. :oP

Thanks for the suggestion, but we can't get regualr freeview round these parts yet, so Freesat is only alternative if we don't want to be in the dark come 2012.

Stuartli 14:00 25 Oct 2006

Not necessarily as transmissions should be increased gradually and the digital signals will be very much improved once the analogue service is closed down.

Incidentally 2012 is the final year - analogue transmissions are being gradually introduced from 2008-9 (I'm in the NW which will change over in 2009).

It's also one of the reasons not to buy a 14in portable TV for the bedroom as you will need a digital box eventually - still makes sense though if you buy a big screen CRT set, which will be much cheaper than LCD/plasma and probably less cost to run over time.

At least one manufacturer is now producing large screen slimline CRT sets that can be used for HD transmissions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017