Can rooting Android disable international data roaming?

LesRose 17:10 02 May 2014

I am running CyanogenMod 10.1.2 (=Android 4.2.2) on my Samsung Galaxy S i9000, on Virgin Mobile UK. Last month I travelled to France, bought a travel pass but could not get any data access. Virgin tech support insists that there is nothing wrong with their system, and that my problem is because the phone is rooted. But last year I got data access with the same phone in several EU countries, and it was rooted then as well, although running a different ROM. All the phone settings are correct. Virgin tech support also says that there is a difference between data roaming' andinternational data roaming' - I only have the former on my network settings menu. I don't believe there is any difference, but what do you folks think?

So to summarise my 2 questions:

1. Can rooting Android have any effect on data roaming?
  2. Is data roaming any different from international data roaming?
  LesRose 08:55 06 May 2014

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I should have mentioned that when in France the phone showed the R flag next to the signal meter, showing that it was receiving a roaming signal.

Any thoughts on this data roaming/international data roaming question? I'm sure there is no difference.

MehulHingu 10:37 07 May 2014

I don't think it can disable roaming, atleast it has never disabled my national roaming.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?