Can I receive Freeview from (ex) Sky cable?

Deniset 16:59 03 Jan 2008

I live in a very weak signal area and was advised to get sky, then stop the subscription and would be able to get freeview through the cable. I have done this, bought a freeview box and have tried to connect it, but it doesnt work. Was I advised wrongly? or what am I doing wrong?

I am not technical so answers (if any) need to be in very simple language for this silver surfer!!!

Pamy 17:13 03 Jan 2008
  Deniset 17:43 03 Jan 2008

yes still have the digi box. Also have the receipt for the freeview box. The advice I was given was by an aerila fitter!

BRYNIT 18:14 03 Jan 2008

You will not be able to use the sky dish/cable to receive a signal from the free view box a free view box only receives a signal from a areal.

If you connect the sky box you will receive a few of the Chanel's check it against click here

If you are receiving all the Chanel's with your existing sky card you do not have to do anything. If you are only receiving some of the Chanel's you will need a freesat viewing card which costs £20 from the above link.

Deniset 19:14 03 Jan 2008

Thanks so much for all the information, think the sky card for £20 will do me nicely - and get a refund on the freeview box
Well done all you knowedlgeable people

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?