camera speed

User-2A1A8EED-B1B2-454F-8F199443AE648272 00:19 09 Aug 2007

I'm after a new camera,about a 6-8 mp using a li-ion battery or rechargebale.About £100 -150.The problem is it needs to take pictures quickly as the wife hates to have to think about picture then pan,before the camera takes the pic.I would prefer a viewfinder but not to bothered.SD cards prefered.Any suggestions?

^wave^ 08:30 09 Aug 2007

try the canon ixus 75 a bit over budget daughter just got one very pleased with it

^wave^ 08:32 09 Aug 2007

another thought try looking at steves digicam site and dpreview they give very good reviews on lots of cameras

Thanks for the response,I've thought about the powershot range as the prices are quite discounted,but steves digicam site,I can't find the speed it takes pictures at.I know it's only points of a second but with missis that what she wants like an ordinary camera with the instant picture view of a digital.

^wave^ 16:39 09 Aug 2007

my daughter got a nikon l3 but she found that slow she has 2 small daughters always missed the pic she likes the canon hers is the sd750 usa model which as i said earlier i think is the ixus 75. best option is to take wife to somewhere like jessops and do the touchy fealy thing see what she likes

anchor 16:15 11 Aug 2007

There is almost always a some slight delay with a digi-camera, between pressing the button and the picture actually being taken. This can be reduced by first half pressing the button which pre-focuses the picture.

Some cameras are better than others; the figures on the review sites indicate the actual delay in fractions of a second.

Another useful feature you should consider is Image Stabilisation; a number of models are now including this.

Ta for all the pointers,It looks like Imay get a Panasonic FXo1/03 as these have a good lens (lecia)imange stabill and recharge battery,also she likes it cause it's reduced at Argos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?