Camera advice

Crusty Bob 16:42 16 Feb 2009

a href="click here">
How is this Olympus camera? /a>

thanks

Demora 17:07 16 Feb 2009

Having had Nikon, Panasonic, Casio and Sony in the past. Don't think theres much wrong with Olympus.

This might help.

click here

D

anchor 09:33 17 Feb 2009

Having just read a review I would say this a good camera.

The only adverse comment was that it was slow to start up, and slow to actually take the picture. This could mean you might lose the shot you were after.

Anyway, for its price it can be recommended for ordinary snapping.

^wave^ 19:35 18 Feb 2009

look at dpreview and stevesdigicams both do really good write ups

Stuartli 12:02 19 Feb 2009

Olympus make some first class digital cameras, in common with all the big Japanese brand names (although it must be admitted that some are OEM models built to the brand's specifications).

One of the offspring has the waterproof Olympus digital camera and it's used to take some superb photographs underwater of string rays and other sea life.

Stuartli 12:06 19 Feb 2009

Just one point. Never buy a camera merely on features or specifications.

You need to choose a handful of models which will/may suit your needs and then handle them individually, ensuring that you are comfortable and at ease operating them.

This might be difficult, but better than buying a camera that doesn't live up to expectations.

FatboySlim71 22:15 19 Feb 2009

It all depends on what you are wanting out of your camera,

Are you wanting a camera that can slip inside your pocket?

Are you wanting one that has a large zoom?

Are you wanting to have a camera that has the use of manual controls if you want to use them to be more creative?

I purchased a Panasonic DMC-FZ28 around 4 months ago, and I have to say it is far and above the best camera I have owned, superb sharp 18x zoom Leica lens, superb anti shake, excellent full auto modes but with the added feature of having manual controls in order to be more creative.

I wrote a review on the Panasonic DMC-FZ28 if your interested. The review can be found here.

click here

Crusty Bob 09:20 20 Feb 2009

thanks for the suggestions all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?